Featured Post

Do You Like Reading Ghost Stories?

Hello everyone, Who loves to read ghost stories? Do you like to read real life ones or fiction? Which is your favorite? I love to read gho...

Friday, February 8, 2013

Have you ever noticed?

As I am writing this next novel I wonder how other's stories rise from the depths of the typewriter hell!
I started this story with a pure intent on how it would go and how it would end and then somewhere around page 60 it turns into the super duper exciting story line. I don't know where it came from, outer space maybe? Who knows!! It just shows up on your doorstop and there it stays taking you along on a roller coaster ride that is exciting, frighting  and the twists and turns flip you upside down and you are now confused. You ask yourself  "What just happened?" The answer is unknown somewhere stuck in the universe floating around somewhere. Who brought this down to me? Where do your ideas come from? Have you envisioned a story to be this specific type of story and it changes in front of your eyes as if you had fallen asleep and awoken to a new day. You wake confused and read your information that are on the pages and you want to know who has been writing this story. This is my drug of choice. That is right!! I get high on the affect it has on me when a story takes off on its own and I am just the physical body typing away on the typewriter  I go along for the journey not knowing where I will end up at. I stare at the screen reading each word carefully and wow goosebumps come up on my arms and I think wow how did I write this? I did write it but I tried to plan it all out and that didn't work. So I go along with the ride. I decided that it is more exciting to allow the story to mesmerize me throughout the process. I have to say it is quite thrilling to watch it unfold and not really know what is going to happen next. You are glued to every word wondering what is going to happen next. Then when it is exposed you are startled and shocked by what came out of your physical body and mind. What were you thinking? You ask yourself pondering the question over and over again. Soon you are obsessed with this process. Give it up, I say to myself. Let the juices flow and allow it to come together and enjoy the ride. How many of you feel the same way? How do you stay on track and not run off like a runaway train? How do you keep it together without diving off the deep end? How to stay in control when somewhere inside you is taking your story to the next phase in an upward fashion? How? How? How? Seems to be the question of the day. I would love to hear about your own story with sticking to the topic or running a muck with a fantastic story you had never aspired to have written but did! YOU COULD BE LIKE THIS GUY!

I think we all have felt like him one time or another with writing the dream novel!

Or do you do this when writing a story and use a board like this?
Or do you find yourself struggling with the things that she talks about in her video

No comments:

Post a Comment