Featured Post

Do You Like Reading Ghost Stories?

Hello everyone, Who loves to read ghost stories? Do you like to read real life ones or fiction? Which is your favorite? I love to read gho...

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 5 of ayurvedic diet


I got up this morning did my massage and meditation. I felt great with a lot of energy. Usually I feel lethargic and slow to move around but today seemed a little different. Even with a cold brewing I felt more energetic than normal. I wanted to run out the door and go for a walk, however, my disabilities keep from doing anything like that so enjoyed doing my breathing instead and some of the exercises I shared early on in this blog.

I have found that I am starting to enjoy the spiciness of my food. I made chicken and peppers with onions. I cooked them in garlic and ginger oil and added turmeric, ginger, and pepper. I loved it. MMM was so good. I ate it with some ginger sesame Quinoa.

I think the hardest thing to dieting is finding recipes for the foods you can eat and having those available. So today I am going to share with you some information on food. Since each person is different and can eat different foods you will want to shop accordingly.

For me I shouldn’t eat rice or pasta but rather eat quinoa as the grain. I can eat pastas that are made with a whole grain but since I should avoid rice and wheat it makes it difficult. Actually don’t need them in my diet anyways. I don’t miss eating them at all.

So for those of you those are spaghetti eaters. I am, yum love that comfort food. Here is something you could try. Make your tomato sauce with ground turkey or chicken or do it like I do and add no meat. I add veges that I love. Then I cook a spaghetti squash and cook that in the oven at 350 degrees for around 30-45 minutes. I will usually cut the squash open and take a little bit of oil to the top. Just remember oil has calories and fat but it is an essential fatty acid and we need a little each and every day since our bodies do not make it.

This diet is not concerned with how much you eat and calories. I still like to keep them in check so I have been tracking them. For those of you with an Iphone there is an app called “Lost it” it tracks your food and it is easy. It can also track your exercise and keep track of your weight and lost weight. It has a scan tool on it so I can scan in all my foods and it pops up and lands in my stuff. It doesn’t take long at all.

I have been eating 1600 and under in calories per day. Some days it is 1000 and other days more than that. I am only supposed to eat three good meals per day and drink tea to help. At first I thought I am going to starve. I normally eat a few snacks and three meals a day. However, to be honest I was having sugar cravings bad at night and since I started this I have not had one. There is a pumpkin chocolate muffin on my table and I love them and I don’t even want it.

Really I would have already eaten that thing it is one of my favorite things to eat. Even when stressed which is when I usually want to eat sweets I haven’t wanted any sweets. I have been eating apples and raisins. You can even cook an apple and some raisins and spice them up with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, some vanilla and yum you have dessert.
I will just either cook them on the stove or bake them in the oven.













Just no cheese or any food you cannot eat I cannot have cheese or dairy unless light

again no cheese but I can have potatoes so make changes as you need to and look at this for breakfast

go here to learn more about the foods you should be eating for your Dosha

Read this blog article in the Washington post


go here to find out which Dosha you are

go here and they actually have put together a cook book that is about cooking nowadays for each dosha. I have shared a few of the recipes above early on in this post

No comments:

Post a Comment