Featured Post

Do You Like Reading Ghost Stories?

Hello everyone, Who loves to read ghost stories? Do you like to read real life ones or fiction? Which is your favorite? I love to read gho...

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Smoking is Dangerous Quit Now
By Jerri Aubry M.S.
                                                                             
There is an estimated 42 million plus people that smoke in the US, and cigarettes are one of the leading causes of death among these smokers. The majority of people who attempt to quit are unsuccessful. Even though people realize that they increase their risk of getting cancer, they can't deal with the withdrawal that comes with quitting.
This fear of going through withdrawal keeps people from quitting and becoming healthy. Nicotine is considered to be more addicting than any other substance available. It is considered a drug just like cocaine or heroin.
The media portrays withdrawal effects from stopping an addictive substance to be horrible. It is all that most of us have to compare it to, and this tends to cause fear in those that want to quit smoking.
Smoking increases a person's chance of getting cancer, especially lung cancer. According to the Surgeon General Report of 2014, "Women smokers are 25.7 times more likely than women who never smoked to develop lung cancer. For men smokers, it's 25 times the risk of men who never smoked." (http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/tobaccocancer/tobacco-related-cancer-fact-sheet)
Tobacco is considered a toxic substance or better yet a poison. People who smoke understand that smoking increases risks of cancers and other diseases such as COPD, Emphysema, and Chronic bronchitis, or pneumonia. Once a person begins smoking that person can become addicted very quickly. Teens who begin smoking for social reasons usually end up smoking for a lifetime.
According to the Cancer Society, 9 out of 10 adult smokers began smoking before their 18th birthday, and these smokers tend to have more difficulties quitting smoking as an adult. "Of every three young smokers, only one will quit, and one of those that are remaining smokers will die from tobacco-related causes."(http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/002963-pdf.pdf)
Most young people do not think about the long-term consequences that smoking may have on their bodies. It is often too late once a person begins smoking to stop the process of becoming addicted to nicotine. An addiction to nicotine can happen in the very beginning stages of smoking.
"Nicotine produces physical and mood-altering effects in your brain that are temporarily pleasing. These effects make you want to use tobacco and lead to dependence. At the same time, stopping tobacco use causes withdrawal symptoms, including irritability and anxiety." This anxiety can lead people to either start back smoking in order to stop the withdrawal symptoms. This process causes many people to continue to smoke throughout a lifetime. (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/nicotine-dependence/basics/definition/con-20014452)
It is the nicotine found in cigarettes that cause the nicotine dependence. Smoking causes higher rates of heart disease, stroke, cancer, asthma, COPD, and emphysema. When a person addicted to any substance tries to stop the use of that substance will cause withdrawal symptoms. It is an inevitable process that one must go through. However, the withdrawal symptoms can be kept in check by following a program that takes the withdrawal process into account.
Hi, my name is Jerri, and I was a longtime smoker of 25 plus years. I started smoking when I was 14 years old and once I began I couldn't stop. In my twenty's I tried to quit smoking several times, but was unsuccessful each time.
By the time I was 25, I had begun having trouble breathing. I used to make up every excuse in the book about my problems, but never did I blame smoking as the problem. When I quit smoking, I would be filled with dread as I began having withdrawal symptoms, and I felt like I couldn't deal with life without a cigarette in my hand.
What I didn't realize was that I needed to have a game plan that would deal with the withdrawal symptoms before attempting to quit. I needed to have my toolbox ready and in hand before quitting. Once I realized what needed to happen, I was able to quit smoking for good and without all the terrible scary withdrawal symptoms.
I have been a nonsmoker for over ten years. Wow, I can't believe it's been that long, but it has. And I will never need to smoke again. I know have strategies that I can successfully use that have kept me from the return to smoking. I no longer need cigarettes to help me through each day. I am free of those horrible things, and I am much healthier because of it.
I am no longer addicted to a substance that seem to be taking over my body and life. I finally feel in charge of myself. You too can become a nonsmoker. It is easier than you believe. I am going to show you how I became a nonsmoker.
You will learn everything you need to know to quit smoking now. Stop procrastinating now is the time to quit for good. You can become a nonsmoker. Don't let fear stand in your way of becoming a healthy individual.
Take the leap and quit today and get this book with all the information you will need to read it quickly and quit smoking now.
This book will teach you how to deal with withdrawal and manage it as well.
  • It will help you to quit today and to move forward on the path to becoming a nonsmoker.
  • You will learn about the mechanism of nicotine addiction.
  • Learn the tools and techniques to finally quit smoking for good.
  • Don't wait..... Grab this book now and get started on your new journey to freeing yourself of smoking.
 
 
 
 
 
 Get a Free Copy of this book from March 30-April 4th on Amazon.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment