Monday, February 3, 2014
Lose Weight with Honey and Lemons?
Those who are following my blog know that I am on a kick to lose some weight this year, and to make it actually happen. Through research to lose weight I found out that drinking one glass of lemon water with honey can help detoxify your body. So, I now have added this regimen to my daily habits. Every day I make one 8-10 oz. cup of lemon water with one tsp raw honey. Did you know that honey is like an antibiotic? It is very good for your body, and you should be taking in some every day.
So, I thought I would share what honey can do for you.
Honey-the yummiest, tastiest, sweet treat on earth
Before we begin- you must use only raw honey the other honey in the bear shape jar contains sugars and you can taste the difference between raw and processed. I only buy honey that is raw. Those who eat Ayurveda know the importance of honey on a daily basis. I know its sugar, right? Your body knows what to do with it when it lands in your tummy. Unlike processed sugars, honey is easily absorbable and your body will gain the nutrients from the honey.
1. Honey contains vitamins: B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3B1, B2, B3, C, B5, and B6. It works as an antioxidant against free radicals and the damage caused by these every day.
2. Honey can heal wounds: It has antibiotic qualities and scientist have discovered that smearing some honey on a wound and then covering it can speed up the healing process.
3. Honey balances glucose levels: honey is able to balance sugar levels in the body. I know, right? But it’s a sugar? Again it’s not processed, so our bodies readily digest and use it. Honey is quickly broken down in the body and used as energy.
4. Honey can satisfy your sweet tooth: honey has been shown to help people who are trying to lose weight to avoid the over processed sugary sweets and turn to a tsp of honey instead. People have found that they can still lose weight, and not have these horrible sweet tooth cravings. Are you an emotional eater? I am, and when I get upset look out, because I need the sweet. Now I turn to honey instead and it helps so much.
5. Honey fights bacteria: honey has been shown in the current research to fight off bacteria. This is the reason you always hear drink tea with honey for a sore throat. Well just go and eat a tsp of honey and it will do the same. I tend to put it in my lemon tea and works quite well.
6. Honey can kill off acne: I have terrible issues with cystic acne and get boils on my body that I really despise. I read that honey can help with these by mixing a little honey with a little lemon juice and smearing it like a paste on the boil. Hallelujah holy cow it works too cool. Although I eat honey everyday so that may be a factor as well.
7. Honey is a fungus fighter: Current research has found that honey works almost as well as over the counter fungal cream and honey is natural not man made.
The University of Davis in California have been studying honey’s ability to increase antioxidant levels in the body. Researchers had participants take in four tablespoons of honey per day for 30 days and then tested their blood. Comparing the pre-honey and post-honey results were remarkable. Researchers found levels of disease fighting antioxidants to be raised and it is believed that honey will be able to prevent damage from free radicals.
Okay now let’s move onto what lemons can do for us, since this post really is about honey added to lemon water.
· High in vitamins: C, B6, iron, and potassium.
· They have high content of Bioflavonoids: these protect against free radical damage. Imagine what will happen when you add honey to this fight, fight, fight.
· It has anti-bacterial qualities: use ½ water to half lemon juice and gargle to get rid of ulcers (canker sores) in the mouth. Dab on cold sores and watch them disappear.
· Makes an excellent cleaner: make up some lemon water and clean the house.
· Gets rid of acne: taking a lemon slice and rubbing the face and then rinsing can get rid of acne.
· Can be used with other ingredients to make a natural electrolyte drink: Move over Pedialyte, because you can make your own at home that is natural. Take 1.4 tsp natural sea salt, juice a half of lemon, add to 6-oz filtered water and there you have it and what does that cost compared to a bottle of Pedialyte?
Okay let’s move onto lemon juice water and honey as a tea every day. You have already read all the good things each does for your body. Everyday take 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice either from an organic supply and add to 8 oz. hot water and add one tablespoon of raw honey stir and drink first thing in the morning. It wakes you up naturally and gets your digestive tract moving and ready for the day. It also detoxifies your body and gets rid of waste.
There you have it drink up and be healthy.