Featured Post

Do You Like Reading Ghost Stories?

Hello everyone, Who loves to read ghost stories? Do you like to read real life ones or fiction? Which is your favorite? I love to read gho...

Friday, June 7, 2013

The fear of quitting smoking

Overcoming Your Fear of Quitting Smoking


Quitting smoking isn't the easiest task to achieve, especially if you have a fear of not knowing what your life will be like once you sever the strings with nicotine.
The fear of quitting is a terrible affair, you've smoked so long that you can't remember what it's like to live without it and that scares you.
This was the main reason that kept me smoking for over 10 years, I was scared to quit because I thought I was about to lose something special in my life. But this is a scam that's fabricated by the big addiction. It warps our perception and tricks us into believing that its something we need or want.
 
Some of the main scenarios are;
 
I can't enjoy a night out or party without having a smoke.
If we have a night out with friends that smoke, we tend to believe that we may be left out. You subconsciously look at the situation as a membership to a special club and you do t want to leave. But there's no better feeling than not have to leave a party or club to step outside in the freezing cold or pouring rain to light up.
 
Smoking helps me deal with the stress in my day-to-day life.
This must be the most common, what we don't realize as smokers is that stress can't be solved by having a smoke. Lets say you're having a bad day at work and you get into an argument with a co-worker. You decide to leave the room and have a smoke to 'calm' yourself. You return to the room but the situation is still there. So has smoking helped? Of course not.
 
Smoking is a part of my daily routine, a part of my life and I cant break it.
Although smoking does become routine it's definitely not a part of your life. For something to become a part of your life it must be wanted or needed and I'm pretty sure you neither want or need smoking.
 
I've tried to quit smoking with patches and gum and failed so I guess I'm stuck with it.
Nicotine replacement is not the be all end all. There are much more effective ways to quit smoking. Don't ever give up giving up!
 
Over half a million Americans die each year from smoking related illnesses. Don't let nicotine trick you into needing it, don't put yourself in that half a mil statistic.
For an effective method of quitting smoking that doesn't rely on NRT or going it cold turkey, please read the Smash Smoking kindle ebook to find out how. My ebook is available worldwide on kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment