Featured Post

Do You Like Reading Ghost Stories?

Hello everyone, Who loves to read ghost stories? Do you like to read real life ones or fiction? Which is your favorite? I love to read gho...

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Low Fat Zucchini Muffins


Hey A'll, 
It's finally October, which, by the way, is my most favorite month of the year, not just because I love to bake, but because I had my second son this month. And I love Halloween. As the days become shorter and the cool air surrounds me, I get my basket and get to shopping for all my fall baking needs. I love the smell in the air of sweet apples, pumpkins, and leaves that are falling to the ground.
So, each year I jump into baking, I can't help it something in the air just triggers for me to get into the kitchen and begin baking. Well for one it's because I grew up around these amazing cooks who showed me what baking was all about. In the fall I love to bake with apples, pumpkin, and zucchini. I have been busily baking pies and testing out new recipes.  

Today I decided to make Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins that are low in fat and made without oil. These taste just like the regular muffins I normally make. I can indulge every day in one or two of these and keep to my weight loss goals.
I am trying to lose weight and so have been taking my regular recipes and changing them to be lower in fat and calories but without skimping on taste and the yumminess of each muffin.
Here is the recipe and let me tell you that you don't have to share that these are low fat with your better half who won't touch anything that is fat free or healthy for you like my own husband. They taste just like they would normally or so that is what my family said so good luck. If you are trying to eat healthier or just take some weight off you can definitely eat one of these for a sweet treat.
Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins

2 1/2 cups regular flour

1 cup nonfat milk

2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce

1/4 cup cocoa

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups shredded zucchini

1 bag of chocolate chunks or chocolate chips

1 tablespoon cinnamon

One tablespoon nutmeg

Add sugar, milk, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix with mixer and add applesauce and cocoa. Add flour mix well and then add zucchini and chocolate.  

Preheat oven to 350. Spray pam in 12 muffin pan and then spoon in zucchini mixture and fill cups all the way. Pop into the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
 

Here is the breakdown of calories for each muffin which is one serving

Calories 195.2

Fat: 4.46

Carbohydrates: 37

Protein: 2.75

Fiber: 1.41

Cholesterol: 3.5 mg 

Enjoy!! Happy Fall and enjoy the cooler temps and warm up those ovens.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment