Featured Post

Do You Like Reading Ghost Stories?

Hello everyone, Who loves to read ghost stories? Do you like to read real life ones or fiction? Which is your favorite? I love to read gho...

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 7 of the Ayurvedic diet


Today is day 7 of the Ayurvedic Diet and I stepped onto the scale this morning and I have lost 7 pounds. Now I know there is water weight gone and do realize that is the most of this weight loss but I am totally jazzed. Not only that I feel better. I am stuffed up at night anymore and I have more energy than I did before.

I realize this is just the beginning and that I have not even felt all of the effects this diet will have on me overall. The greatest part is my oldest son offered to cook me breakfast this morning with eggs and onions and peppers and he used the turmeric, garlic, ginger, and black pepper spice.

He normally does not eat spicy food but he has been watching me and wants to be like me and lose his own extra weight. It was nice to see him cook without butter and to be open to adding the spice to the foods.

Being a Kapha means having a sluggish digestion and so that is one of the reasons for the spice that is needed daily. Not only that but I hated ginger before and now have adjusted to its flavor and spice and look forward to drinking ginger tea each and every day.

I have been doing the breathing each day and I am getting used to how hot that makes me feel. It also gives me bursts of energy needed to make it through my day. I love it. I hope you have been reading and wondering if you should try this diet. I hope that you decide to step out of your comfort zone and try it and let it show you what it will do for you beyond the weight loss.

It has also helped to bring down my oldest son’s blood pressure. Lately I have noticed before the diet he had blood pressure that was too high for a child even if he is the size of a man. It had been 150/90 before and it scared me but we went to the doctors this last week and it was 129/80 and they said that was fine for his size.

That is a small change but in the right direction. I will be making an appointment soon to have a physical with my doctor and will be looking forward to see how all of my numbers are looking.

I don’t think I mentioned this before but I also have hypothyroidism and I guess Kapha’s tend to have these issues from eating out of balance. Wish I knew about this a long time ago. So I must tell you all that I am not able to do cardio exercise in the sense of taking a walk, or jogging, or just doing exercise like Zumba or anything like that because it hurts too much on my knees, hips, and back because of a prior injury.

What is wonderful is that I didn’t exercise and would if I could but didn’t and still lost weight. The experts in Ayurveda say that this is what will happen when you eat the right foods to help with digestion.

I don’t feel hungry all the time like I did before. I don’t feel so lethargic as I did. I feel more confident in my ability to do this diet or should we say life change because the word diet to me means restriction.
I have not wanted any sweets even after watching my husband eat chocolate. I didn’t want it at all. I don’t want the ice cream that is in the freezer and feel confident in my ability to continue on with this lifestyle.

These videos are about Ayurveda this is four part video with great information about Ayurveda this is video one

 Video 2 of The secret world of wellness
Video 3
video 4

No comments:

Post a Comment